On Sale - Peach MyBB Theme - 10$ For limited time Check here
On Sale - Focus Responsive Theme - 20$ For limited time Check here
Reply getting erased when quoting someone
Theme: Focus
Device: iPhone (8 Plus and others)
Browser: Safari

Some, not all, iPhone users on my forum are having an intermittent issue with their replies being erased when quoting someone. Only the quote will show, not the user's reply itself.

I read on myBB that Internet Explorer users have earlier been having this issue and they were talking about the template New Reply. I see this template has been edited in Focus and wonder if that may be causing the issue.

Code:
{$post_javascript}

has been replaced with:

Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/post.js?ver=1813"></script>

Could this be causing the problem? Is this code replacement necessary or can I safely revert the template? Hasn't the jscripts version 1813 been replaced with a newer version?
Some of the javascripts are 1813, the number 1813 is not related to latest MyBB release. It is based on when they modified this particular javascript. The number causes confusion to many and hence I made a suggestion to MyBB (), hopefully they will implement this in future releases.

Revert this template to older version, let me know if it fixes it but I doubt about it. Apart from that, this issue is interesting as it is affecting some users. It will need to be debugged but lets see if reverting template fixes it, it will be lot better for me if it fixes Smile
I've reverted the template but also added a fix from when myBB had the same issue with Internet Explorer. Keeping my fingers crossed it's working. I can't test it myself as the issue only shows up on some iPhones, not all, so I'm depending on feedback from my users.
(01-13-2019, 09:35 PM)amanda_2011 Wrote: I've reverted the template but also added a fix from when myBB had the same issue with Internet Explorer. Keeping my fingers crossed it's working. I can't test it myself as the issue only shows up on some iPhones, not all, so I'm depending on feedback from my users.

Do let me know if it works fine Smile
(01-14-2019, 04:36 AM)WallBB Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 09:35 PM)amanda_2011 Wrote: I've reverted the template but also added a fix from when myBB had the same issue with Internet Explorer. Keeping my fingers crossed it's working. I can't test it myself as the issue only shows up on some iPhones, not all, so I'm depending on feedback from my users.

Do let me know if it works fine Smile

Haven't had any more complaints, so it's looking good so far.