On Sale - Peach MyBB Theme - 10$ For limited time Check here
On Sale - Focus Responsive Theme - 20$ For limited time Check here
[GoDark] quickreply thread refresh
Using Firefox on desktop as well as default browser on Samsung Galaxy S8, a quick reply to a thread does not reload the thread when I use GoDark theme. Using myBB default as well as custom theme migrated from 1.6, this feature works.

GoDark requires a manual refresh. Is this by design, or is something missing?

[edit to add]myBB 1.8.21
[another edit]ho-lee-fooks.com
PM, or faster, email for login if needed.
No, not at all.
GoDark is pretty perfect theme and this shouldn't happen at all.
Can you provide me a temporary user account.
I sent credentials. Perhaps not clear.
Sent again.
(10-25-2019, 12:23 AM)larry.dozier Wrote: I sent credentials. Perhaps not clear.
Sent again.

Received, thanks.
Truly anomalous behavior. On the desktop, the thread refreshed after a quickreply post, out of date order. A browser refresh brought it all back right.

See attached pic.

(10-26-2019, 06:40 PM)larry.dozier Wrote: Truly anomalous behavior. On the desktop, the thread refreshed after a quickreply post, out of date order. A browser refresh brought it all back right.

See attached pic.
This is definitely weird, I will be logging in your website tomorrow. But I want you to check if all of your files are MyBB default files and not modified.
(10-26-2019, 06:45 PM)WallBB Wrote: But I want you to check if all of your files are MyBB default files and not modified.

Meld is a great file comparison tool.

bbcodes_sceditor.js
modified to fix the Vemio typo, remove the http:// default videourl, and reorder the Insert Video dropdown

modcp.php
adds code for IP2Location lookup

functions.php
Hmm. Only commented out lines related to absolute time coding.
Will replace with default to see if it changes behavior.

Plugins in use:

Also, setting up a default clean install for comparison.
I set up a clean install of 1821 and installed the GoDark theme, and compared themestylesheets. They were identical except the misbehaving forum had additional code in its css3.css stylesheet.

Code:
.pmbg {
    background: #f1654c none repeat scroll 0 0;
    border-radius: 0;
    display: inline;
    font-size: 10px;
    height: 15px;
    padding-left: 2px;
    padding-right: 2px;
}

I deleted the extra code from the stylesheet, and quickreply posts started showing up. Once correctly, once in the wrong sequence.
Again in the wrong sequence, in these instances a browser page reload comes up correctly. When out of sequence the posts were in #2 position in the thread. i.e, Posts 1, 29, 30, 2, 3, 4 to 28.

Still comparing.
(11-03-2019, 10:34 PM)larry.dozier Wrote: I set up a clean install of 1821 and installed the GoDark theme, and compared themestylesheets. They were identical except the misbehaving forum had additional code in its css3.css stylesheet.

Code:
.pmbg {
    background: #f1654c none repeat scroll 0 0;
    border-radius: 0;
    display: inline;
    font-size: 10px;
    height: 15px;
    padding-left: 2px;
    padding-right: 2px;
}

I deleted the extra code from the stylesheet, and quickreply posts started showing up. Once correctly, once in the wrong sequence.
Again in the wrong sequence, in these instances a browser page reload comes up correctly. When out of sequence the posts were in #2 position in the thread. i.e, Posts 1, 29, 30, 2, 3, 4 to 28.

Still comparing.

Hey Larry,
The above code is for pmbg which is not related to your issue.
Browser instances depend on ordering listed in Theme Section.
Curious about why live forum has .pmbg but test forum does not. Both themes were imported from the same download.

I exported the tables themestylesheets and templates to spreadsheet files to make comparisons, more importantly to ensure the Master Style templates were identical. They are. Now double-checking my GoDark template mods.

Forum access login was temporarily altered but is now as you expect.

Thanks.