On Sale - Peach MyBB Theme - 10$ For limited time Check here
On Sale - Focus Responsive Theme - 20$ For limited time Check here
[Focus Responsive] Appearance of embedded YT videos
Hi,

Just activated the theme yesterday - I really like it.

I've tried embedding YT videos using the built in "insert a  video" function.

It looks weird though on desktop and mobile.

Desktop - too long and thin

Mobile just covers half the page and looks cramped.

I cannot add the screenshot or a link, - there is a rule that I have not posted enough.

2. I have uploaded this image by uploading the jpg to my site and using the URL.  My users won't have this option and this will be far , far too complicated for them...Is there a recommended way of attaching images? Just listing "URL" will confuse the hell out of them.

Thanks a lot
You can attach images using the Attachment option on posting a thread or post.
[attachment=62 Wrote:stevejabba pid='884' dateline='1571500318']Hi,

Just activated the theme yesterday - I really like it.

I've tried embedding YT videos using the built in "insert a  video" function.

It looks weird though on desktop and mobile.

Desktop - too long and thin

Mobile just covers half the page and looks cramped.

I cannot add the screenshot or a link, - there is a rule that I have not posted enough.

2. I have uploaded this image by uploading the jpg to my site and using the URL.  My users won't have this option and this will be far , far too complicated for them...Is there a recommended way of attaching images? Just listing "URL" will confuse the hell out of them.

Thanks a lot

I think this has worked - I have attached example images to show you what I mean.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

To be responsive for different display widths, the template specifies a variable width and a fixed pixel height. Youtube maintains proportional display based on the original video uploaded and uses black bars as appropriate to fill the rest of the frame.

In troubleshooting something else, I ran across some coding on Vimeo embedded player that purported to be responsive, but I didn't look to see if the height attribute was variable as well.
(10-22-2019, 01:35 AM)larry.dozier Wrote: To be responsive for different display widths, the template specifies a variable width and a fixed pixel height. Youtube maintains proportional display based on the original video uploaded and uses black bars as appropriate to fill the rest of the frame.

In troubleshooting something else, I ran across some coding on Vimeo embedded player that purported to be responsive, but I didn't look to see if the height attribute was variable as well.

Understood. I've seen at least one mybb forum with embedded YT videos that look great on both desktop and mobile. The forum in question is running a responsive theme.  So it is possible.

Wallbb - I can PM you the link to the forum - I don't think I am allowed to post links yet.  I'd like it to look like that - is it possible? It looks so much better than what I currently have.    
(10-22-2019, 05:43 AM)stevejabba Wrote:
(10-22-2019, 01:35 AM)larry.dozier Wrote: To be responsive for different display widths, the template specifies a variable width and a fixed pixel height. Youtube maintains proportional display based on the original video uploaded and uses black bars as appropriate to fill the rest of the frame.

Understood. I've seen at least one mybb forum with embedded YT videos that look great on both desktop and mobile. The forum in question is running a responsive theme.  So it is possible.

Wallbb - I can PM you the link to the forum - I don't think I am allowed to post links yet.  I'd like it to look like that - is it possible? It looks so much better than what I currently have.

You can PM me the link, it will be very helpful in me testing this.
It would be perfect if you have test account ready for me.
(10-22-2019, 11:39 AM)WallBB Wrote:

Sent you PM with everything you asked for.
(10-22-2019, 02:07 PM)stevejabba Wrote:
(10-22-2019, 11:39 AM)WallBB Wrote:

Sent you PM with everything you asked for.

Got it, I will check it out Smile
These steps will fix it
Go to the Templates and Styles > Focus Responsive Templates > Video MyCode Templates > video_youtube_embed
Replace with this content
Code:
<iframe width="560" height="315"width="70%" height="250px" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/{$id}" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
[attachment=66 Wrote:WallBB pid='902' dateline='1571838857']These steps will fix it
Go to the Templates and Styles > Focus Responsive Templates > Video MyCode Templates > video_youtube_embed
Replace with this content
Code:
<iframe width="560" height="315"width="70%" height="250px" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/{$id}" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have sent you a PM.  It does not unfortunately.  It looks great on desktop, but now half the video is cut off the screen on mobile.

(See attachment)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)