On Sale - Peach MyBB Theme - 10$ For limited time Check here
On Sale - Focus Responsive Theme - 20$ For limited time Check here
Focus Theme -  How to add latest post in sidebar in Focus Responsive theme
(12-25-2017, 02:35 PM)Hyperspace Wrote:
(12-25-2017, 06:15 AM)WallBB Wrote:
(12-24-2017, 06:35 PM)Hyperspace Wrote:
(12-24-2017, 06:37 AM)WallBB Wrote:
(12-24-2017, 05:04 AM)Hyperspace Wrote: I have the same problem as NewNewbie. The plugin gives me a double column. Even tried a newer plugin with the same results.

https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=291

Don't use other plugins.
Also please use the plugin added as attachment in first post, it will work fine Smile

Tried it a few more times and still can't get it right.

Hi Hyperspace,
You didn't add {$sidebar} in your template and because of that it was not showing latest post.
I added that variable and it is showing now Wink

Also you have not uploaded focus images folder inside FTP.

Regards
WallBB

Thanks for fixing it. I added {$sidebar} when I tried it but removed it after it didn't work right. It looks like my error was not uploading the Focus images.

Good luck with your forum Smile
If you are using the theme while installing the sidebar plugin some code will be added to your index code. It will make double sidebar and theme will be broken.

things to do

1. Backup your index code first
2. Install the sidebar plugin
3. restore the backup code of your index then replace the code that is in the tutorial.
4. Enjoy
Hello, I've tried this tut but I've a double colomn, why?
I used latest post in attachments.
(05-31-2018, 04:31 PM)Gatsu Wrote: Hello, I've tried this tut but I've a double colomn, why?

Which theme are you using ?
(09-21-2018, 05:22 PM)WallBB Wrote:
(05-31-2018, 04:31 PM)Gatsu Wrote: Hello, I've tried this tut but I've a double colomn, why?

I also found myself having a double column, with the Focus Responsive Theme.

So have an issue with adding latest post to sidebar.

(09-28-2018, 04:04 AM)Jon Wrote:
(09-21-2018, 05:22 PM)WallBB Wrote:

I also found myself having a double column, with the Focus Responsive Theme.

So have an issue with adding latest post to sidebar.

Check the original post NOTE in case of double sidebar.
(10-25-2017, 03:31 PM)WallBB Wrote: This tutorial will teach you how to add latest post in sidebar in Focus Responsive Theme(it will work in other theme as well). We are using the latest posts in sidebar plugin by SvePu which you can download below :-

It uses the plugin by SvePu
https://community.mybb.com/thread-162649...pid1195131

Follow these steps below to add recent post in sidebar in Focus Responsive theme :-

1. Go To Admin CP > Templates And Styles > Templates > Select Focus Theme Templates
  2. Go to Index Templates > index
  3. Replace the below
    Code:
    <table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder"><tr><td class="thead"><strong><i class="fa fa-comments"></i> Recent Posts</strong></td></tr><tr><td class="trow1">Please use any recent posts plugin to show recent threads.</td></tr></table>
    With this
    Code:
    {$sidebar}

That's it!

NOTE: If you are getting double sidebar, then replace this
Code:
<div style="float:{$left};width: 80%;">{$forums}</div>
<div style="float:{$right};width:19%;">{$sidebar}</div>
with

Code:
{$forums}

Hope this tutorial helps you to add recent thread/post in sidebar in Focus MyBB theme or in any theme.

Regards
WallBB

Hi, could you send me the initial code? I broke the index completely and you do not know what to do next. Thank you in advance.
(01-26-2019, 10:30 PM)Oeleg Wrote:
(10-25-2017, 03:31 PM)WallBB Wrote: This tutorial will teach you how to add latest post in sidebar in Focus Responsive Theme(it will work in other theme as well). We are using the latest posts in sidebar plugin by SvePu which you can download below :-

It uses the plugin by SvePu
https://community.mybb.com/thread-162649...pid1195131

Follow these steps below to add recent post in sidebar in Focus Responsive theme :-

1. Go To Admin CP > Templates And Styles > Templates > Select Focus Theme Templates
  2. Go to Index Templates > index
  3. Replace the below
    Code:
    <table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder"><tr><td class="thead"><strong><i class="fa fa-comments"></i> Recent Posts</strong></td></tr><tr><td class="trow1">Please use any recent posts plugin to show recent threads.</td></tr></table>
    With this
    Code:
    {$sidebar}

That's it!

NOTE: If you are getting double sidebar, then replace this
Code:
<div style="float:{$left};width: 80%;">{$forums}</div>
<div style="float:{$right};width:19%;">{$sidebar}</div>
with

Code:
{$forums}

Hope this tutorial helps you to add recent thread/post in sidebar in Focus MyBB theme or in any theme.

Regards
WallBB

Hi, could you send me the initial code? I broke the index completely and you do not know what to do next. Thank you in advance.

You can redownload the theme and install it as a seperate theme Smile